Takt Op. (タクトオーパス Takuto Opasu) is an upcoming multimedia project by Bandai Namco and DeNA. The project currently includes an anime series and a game, both released in 2021, and an Illustration Novel currently released in 2022.
Music became power that dwelt within young girls.
Great compositions, legendary operas created in a bygone era. These scores breathe life into new beings called Musicarts.
In a world that has lost its music, these girls use the power of music to fight in a fleeting yet beautiful story of fate. These girls simply wanted to reach the bliss that lies ahead.
Berlin Symphonica. There lies a defensive fortress built underground—the hope of the last of mankind.
This place was built to enclose the secret to restore the world's harmony, which was brought forth by the Musicarts, girls that hold the power of the great classical scores.
But now, the enemy's attacks were violent, and humanity was about to meet an apocalyptic end.
The Symphonica, now a place where light cannot be seen. The conductor Takt Asahina is still in his long slumber. As if waiting for an encounter with Fate...
That day, he and the girl finally met each other.
Destiny is here.
- Musicarts (ムジカート) - Girls that can turn music into their power. They carry within their bodies the Scores of great operas and compositions from human history, and they possess the power to defeat the grotesque menace called D2.
- Conductors (コンダクター) - Those who command and guide the Musicarts.
- D2 - Grotesque monsters that were created by the Iron Nocturne (黒夜隕鉄). Drawn to the melodies created by humans, they were the ones responsible for causing music to be considered taboo among humans.
- Destiny (CV: Kaede Hondo)
- Jupiter (CV: Natsu Yorita)
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (CV: Maria Sashide)
- Valkyrie (CV: Sumire Uesaka)
- Carmen (CV: Yumiri Hanamori)
- Nutcracker (CV: Aya Suzaki)
- Boléro (CV: Yuu Serizawa)
- Die Fledermaus (CV: Ayaka Asai)
- Moonlight (CV: Tomoyo Kurosawa)
- Belkis (CV: Rie Takahashi)
- Daphnis et Chloé (CV: Maki Kawase)
- Air on the G String (CV: Hisako Kanemoto)
An anime series based on the takt op. concept entitled takt op. Destiny was announced during the MAPPA Stage 2021 -10th Anniversary- live event. The series will be produced by MAPPA and Madhouse, with direction by Yuuki Ito, series composition by Kiyoko Yoshimura, character designs by Reiko Nagasawa based on original character concepts by LAM, and music by Yoshihiro Ike.
The anime series will be released on October 5, 2021.
A game based on the takt op. concept was announced. The game, entitled takt op.: Destiny Within the City of Crimson Melodies (takt op. 運命は真紅き旋律の街を takt op. Unmei wa Ma'akaki Senritsu no Machi wo), is a "symphonic RPG that leads the world towards harmony". The game has elements of turn-based combat and dialogue that uses Live2D.
The theme song of the game is "SYMPHONIA", which was written and composed by rionos and performed by Mika Nakashima.
- Original Concept: DeNA, Ouji Hiroi
- Character Designs: LAM
- Series Composition and Screenplay: Aya Takaha
- Music Research: Hirofumi Kurita (conductor)
- Background Concept Art: yish
- Music: Hideki Sakamoto (Noisy Croak)
- Key Pianist: Marasy
- Planning: DeNA
- Development: Game Studio
- Production: takt op. gamepartners